People love ordering food from a food truck! It’s fun and provides a party atmosphere for your event. If you’re running a conference, it gets participants up and outside and hopefully energized.
Here are 5 tips for hiring a food truck.
1) Plan ahead. Popular food trucks are booking events 3-6 months in advance.
2) Taste test. If you’re able, definitely try out the food truck before booking your event. Check them out at a community event. How was the service and quality of food? At a busy event, you’ll be able to see how they work under pressure.
3) Be prepared for a food minimum or a Food Truck Fee. Why? A company is bringing a restaurant to your location. There are transportation, staffing, permitting, liability insurance and food costs that they have to cover to serve your customers.
4) Know your city permitting codes. Every city and town is different. Contact your board of health and fire department and ask what they require. It’s doesn’t mean you need to get permitted but if the food truck you hire is not, your town health inspector will not allow them to serve.
5) Have fun! Many food trucks come equipped with speakers and can play fun music to welcome your guests.
Want help planning your event? Contact Holyoke Hummus Today!